Wednesday, May 6, 2009

SCG Training 5th May

Yesterday we had our first net session at the SCG indoor nets. The nets tend to be quite fast and bouncy, add dodgy lighting to this and it makes for a pretty difficult environment to bat in.

I'll get this out of the way - my bowling feels rubbish at the moment. I just can not put everything together. I bowled maybe 2 or 3 balls I was happy with. Maybe I'm trying to "fix" too many things in my action. Perhaps if I just forget it all and bowl I'll be able to return to some old form. Theres so many things I've been thinking about, staying tall in my action, getting good air off my jump, holding the ball at the end of my fingers and even my pet hate creeps in, 'get your front arm up'. So thats it I think, I'll just start from scratch. I know I don't need to be too fast or hit the pitch hard, I've just got to pitch the ball in a good position with it swinging away time and time again like I used to.

Anyway with that bowling rant out of the way, my batting was a mixed bag. I played some decent shots but also a few terrible ones. I got a bit frustrated when I edged a couple of balls which I played defensive shots to and thought I had under control. But I suppose thats the nature of those nets.

Summing up, I've got quite a bit of work to do, but plenty of time to do it in. Just hope I can get my bowling sorted out.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment